There can be several reasons for deviations in reporting data at different platforms. Kindly find some common reasons below:-
- In case the advertiser did user acquisition campaigns with other sources before there might be some users that installed the app through us that had installed the app before. We could only detect and prevent that by means of full tracking integration.
- Similarly. there might be some users that installed the app through us again that had already installed the app before via app/play store (i.e: existing organic installs).
- Google/Apple reports unique user installs by default whereas we provide unique device installs - the latter number is usually greater.
- Google/Apple reports users who installed the app for the first time by default whereas we provide unique device installs - the latter number is usually greater. We could only detect and prevent that by means of tracking integration.
- Different platforms have differences in their methodology on how we report a user's country and how Google/Apple or any other platform reports a user's country.
- Also, please be aware that Google/Apple stats are often delayed and usually behind by up to 48 hours or even more sometimes.
- Kindly note that if you see lesser numbers at Play Store developer console due to such reasons since Google working on their own terms, it does not mean that you have not got those installs but the fact is that you have actually got those installs. Also, you can check and download detailed reports (How to check detailed Reports?) as well.
- This problem can be solved by making use of tacking integration and hence we recommend you to use tracking solutions such as Appsflyer, Kochava, Adjust, Branch ...etc which actually connects both the platform for direct conversion tracking with higher accuracy and help us reflects same numbers at both the sides.
Recommended Article: When will the Downloads be Visible in the Google Play?
[Dated: May 2018] ANNOUNCEMENT BY GOOGLE: Changes to Play Console Data
Over the next several weeks, you may notice some changes within your Play Console data due to the impact of implementation of GDPR.
Learn more => https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9023647